Bob keeps telling me that I need to start my own blog. Apparently he thinks raising three kids leaves me with a lot of spare time. I thought a blog might be good because I feel guilty about not keeping journals for my kids, so I thought this might be a good way to keep track of what we have been up to. I have so much from the past that I should journal, but I think I should just start with today. I have tried to live with the motto of enjoying whatever stage of life you are in. I do not want to wish away time for what is in my future, nor do I want to have regrets from the past for not enjoying the moment. I really do love where I am right now. I love being a mom and love my children. I am so blessed with a wonderful husband who provides for our family and makes it possible for me to stay home with our children. Stressful times are hard not to wish away, but it helps to remember that I can never relive this day or this time.
Today I took H to the doctor. Grandma came and watched R and G while they were asleep, and then Bob came home early. H hurt her leg last Friday after I made her go down a bouncy house waterslide. I thought she would have fun if she just gave it a try. Not only did she not have fun, but got hurt in the process. She was limping a little after but I did not think much of it until we got home and she was crawling around everywhere or making me carry her. After about a day of crawling, she finally tried to walked, but limped quite a bit. Today she seemed a little better, but I thought I should probably take her in. I just kept thinking that it could be broken and she would have a horrible summer because she would have to have a cast. Fortunately no broken bones, no torn ligaments, but just a strained muscle and she should be good to go soon. I am glad she is okay.
I just keep thinking how much easier things would be if she could just tell me how she felt, but that just is part of the joy of having two-year olds. One day when the girls were babies, Bob came home from work and asked me if I talked to the girls during the day. I told him of course I talk to them. Just because they cannot talk back, and at the time were too little to give really any response back, doesn not mean that I would not talk to them. I think he was really just hoping that it was possible for me to go a couple of hours without saying anything. I am sure he feels that when he gets home the flood gates are open, and I just talk and talk. I know he loves that fact that I think of all of the things that I am going tell him throughout the day, and usually do not forget any of them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment