It has been awhile since I last posted, so I thought I would catch up.
Today we celebrated G's First Birthday. We started the day off by going to the doctor for well checks for everyone, and yucky shots. The girls got their flu shots and G got a flu shot and three others.

We had a party with our families tonight with dinner and cake and ice cream. My wonderful neighbor made his cute fire truck cake.



We gave him his first taste of cake and ice cream and let him eat it all by himself. It did not take him long to realize how great cake and ice cream are.
Bob had to work, so he did not go on the hayride with us. Later that afternoon we picked him up at work and went up to Snowbird to ride the tram. We had a lot of fun. We felt like we were going to go straight into the side of the mountain, and then all of a sudden we would go up. Everyone in the tram would just laugh. It was amazing to be at the top. We were at the highest point that we could see all around us. There was quite a bit of snow up at the top. I guess I better get ready for snow because it will be here soon.


After the ride we went on a little paved hike. It took us forever because the girls loved finding rocks and filling their pockets with them. Had they just gone in a straight line, and not back and forth, we would have gone at least three times as far. Sometimes I have to remind myself that if they are having fun it does not really matter how fast we go, or how far we get. We go on these little adventures for them, so I should let them do the things that they enjoy.

We actually went on the hayride to the pumpkin patch twice. Earlier in the week we had all planned on going, but everyone got sick. Bob and H both were sick on Monday, so we decided to cancel. Later in the day H started feeling better, but Bob still did not feel good. I decided to take the girls and G all by myself to the hayride. Somehow I brought back three little kids and four pumpkins. I am sure everyone else there thought I was crazy, which I was. If I never did anything crazy, we would not do a whole lot.



On the 8th was the girls 3rd birthday. Grandma and Grandpa came over and then we went out to eat at Red Robin. On our way to eat we remembered that the fire station was having an open house, so we stopped by and got to tour the big fire trucks and some ambulances.

That weekend we celebrated the girls' birthdays with a party with all of our family. We are grateful to be so close to family that can help us enjoy these special events.
The week before, the end of September was my birthday. The girls were so excited for my birthday, that I could not wait to see how they would be for their birthday. I went to Women's Conference with my sister J and when I came home the girls were anxiously waiting for me. Bob had taken them to buy a cake for me, and they told everyone at the store that it was their mommy's birthday. What sweet girls, and a wonderful husband. They sang Happy Birthday to me. I thought it was so cute, so I thought I would post the movie.
2 comments:
Do you know how many times I have forgotten shoes? One time we were in Kemmer Wyoming (and let me tell you there isn't much there) and forgot shoes. Luckily we found a place to get some shoes, but I sure felt dumb. Happy Birthday to you all!!!
Happy Happy Birthday.
Post a Comment