On Friday we had a Halloween parade in our neighborhood. It is fun to see all of the kids in their costumes in the daylight and see how cute and creative they all are.
Friday night we went trick-or-treating. We practiced a lot on what to do several days in advance; knock on the door, say trick-or-treat, etc. The girls were really excited to go, but I do not think they quite got it. We would get to the door and the girls would want to stay there. At one house they told me they wanted to go inside. I think they were confused as to why they would go to all of these houses, but not go inside. They also got pretty tired. After climbing up their stairs at one house, H just sat down on the doorstep. She also rested several more times on the sidewalk. I think they had a lot of fun since they kept telling me they wanted to go to more houses. I told them we would just finish by going around to the houses in the circle by our house. I think they were also confused by this when after a couple of houses they kept saying they wanted to go to the circle house.
The girls buckets were getting heavy and I tried to get them to let me put their candy in G's bucket and when we got home I would give it back. They did not like this idea, so I got them to let me carry their bucket. When they were not looking I took handfuls from their's and put it in G's. H did not notice at first, so I thought I would try it in on R. She immediately said, it is not heavy anymore. I tried it again on H, and soon she commented in concern, "I only have one candy." I quickly distracted her by telling her to go to the next house to get some more.
2 comments:
Hey Jo, its Megan...cute pictures and thanks for giving me your deal blog...I look forward to reading much more!
How cute, they are adorable in their costumes.
Post a Comment