Part of the reason they probably thought their birthday lasted so long was that we continued to celebrate it. We had cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents over for dinner and cake and ice cream.
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Birthday Celebrations
While we were at Disneyland the girls wore buttons saying it was their birthday. That night, past midnight, I was getting them ready for bed after a long day at Disneyland and took off their buttons. R said, "I have to wear that, because it is my birthday." I then told her that it actually was not her birthday anymore and she started crying. H was pretty disappointed too. Because I was too tired and did not want to deal with it I said "Fine, it is still your birthday." Apparently they took this to mean that their birthday would last at least a week. (I think they have finally realized that it is not their birthday anymore.)

The next day they celebrated with their preschool class. They invited me to share some stories about the girls and bring a treat. We brought Mickey Mouse shaped rice krispie treats, and some of the candy that we enjoined while at Disneyland. It was fun to visit the girls in their class. I hope they had a wonderful week long birthday. I love you girls and I am so lucky to be your mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I will be sure to save last nights episode for you! We will watch it at trudy's lunch.
they are too cute!!! Happy B-Day to them and so glad you had fun at the Happiest Place on Earth! We need to get together soon! Miss ya!
Post a Comment