
To begin the day Mother Nature played her own April Fools and sent snow in April. (It snowed all day long yesterday.)
Every year I try to think of a good April Fools joke to play, but never get a good one. When I was expecting G, on April 1st I announced to my family that I was going to have a baby but no one believed me. That was kind of fun.
This year I decided to make a April Fools dinner. We first had cake. (Meat loaf with mashed potato frosting.)


After desert we had our main course, hamburgers and fries. (The hamburgers are b
rownies, with a yellow cake for the bun, smashed
starbursts for the cheese and the fries are sugar cookies.)

Sometimes my kids can be pretty picky eaters. I thought for sure they would finish dinner today, but no. It is pretty sad when your kids will not finish dinner and it is really desert. I did find it interesting that G ate his "Cake" pretty well. A lot better than if I would have really just given him meat loaf and potatoes. I guess I better just start calling everything I give him different names and maybe he will eat it better.
3 comments:
that is THE cutest idea ever!!! I wanna do it next year! LOVE IT!!!!
Amy
That was very clever.
just catching up on your blog...this is so cute!! Very clever.
Post a Comment