Monday, April 12, 2010

Spring Break in Escalante

For Spring Break this year we went to Escalante. We were worried because the weather forcasted pretty cold nights, and they were. I was grateful our tent trailer has a heater and kept us pretty warm.We did some great slot canyon hikes. There were some parts that were very skinny and I could only go through going sideways and lasted a hundred yards or so. Bob and G had to stay back because the backpack carrier would not fit through and other obstacles would be too difficult carry a child on your back. H and R had a great time running through the slots.

H loved playing in the sand. Every time we would stop for just a minute, or even times we did not stop, I would look and she would be sitting down playing in the sand again. This made for a long hike. She loved hiking with her older cousins and they seemed to be able to get her to keep walking better than I could.

My mom celebrated her 70th birthday on our trip. We are very grateful for her. It was fun to be able to spend the week with her and celebrate.
The second day the girls and I and some of the cousins decided to take a break from the hikes.
On our way home we stopped at Anasazi Ruins. It is amazing at what they built out of rocks, mud and sticks.

No comments: