Sunday, June 6, 2010

Hollywood

On Sunday we went to church near our hotel. We went to a very friendly ward. I am sure they are used to all of the Disneyland Vacationers. The ward we went to receives a load of day old breads every other week that they offer in the kitchen after church. We were walking by when several members told us to take whatever we wanted. Since we all needed bread for sandwiches for the week we did not hesitate. They had a lot of variety, including sponge cake and cookies. I was impressed how kind this ward was and hope to visit there again.

After church we headed for Hollywood to see the stars. It was different than I have always imagined, but fun to see all of the names I recognized. I was surprised how many names I did not recognize. Bob, the kids, and I parked, and then we walked to meet the rest of our family. As we were walking I noticed a lot of Asian tourists and a couple asked if they could take pictures with our kids. After we met with the rest of our family more and more tourists were taking pictures with our kids. We found a large statue of Shrek and thought it would be fun to get a picture with all of the kids so we waited in line. When it was our turn and the kids where all lined up I went to take a picture and could not because all these Asians were in front of me taking pictures of our kids. We found it quite amusing. One guy finally realized I was trying to take a picture of my own kids and move from in front of me so I could get a picture.



After Hollywood we went to the LA temple. The Visitors Center was closed, but we were still able to walk around and get lots of pictures.

No comments: