I often wonder what goes through my kids head when we have a pretty routine lives and then a holiday comes along and I tell them to do things that go against everything else I have told them like: Run in the street and pick up candy off the ground that complete strangers have thrown to you. Rip all of the paper off and find a present inside. Stay up really late at night, go outside and yell as loud as you can while banging spoons on pots and pans. Surprisingly my kids seem to go along with the things I tell them to do.

After we came inside from being as loud as we could outside H told me that it was really loud and that she had to cover her ears.
Bob and I both love playing games and fortunately several others in my family like to play also. Christmas time seems to be the time that we play the most. We used to both be able to stay late and play as long as we wanted. Since we have had kids we have to drive two cars and one usually stays to play games while the other gets to take the kids home to bed. Lately Bob gets to stay and play games because my brothers have found these boring "geeky" games that do not entice me more than sleep does.
1 comment:
We went to bed early. Eh. It sounds like you had a lot more fun.
Post a Comment