Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas Tree Hunting

This past weekend we went Christmas Tree hunting by Bear River Lodge. It used to be a family tradition, but it kind of got lost. Last year a couple of my siblings went, but since I had a new baby, we did not go. I was glad to go again this year.We went with my sisters A and J and their families. I was reminded how much I hate driving in the snow. Fortunately we all made it home safely.Every year I think we are going to get this great tree, but my expectations are quickly lowered once we get there. The trees are not really that great, but the experience always makes it worth it. Whiny kids, cold weather, and steep mountainsides always encourage me to make a quick decision. The trees all seem to be about the same quality, so why hike up the whole mountain when you can get just as good of a tree closer to the road.

1 comment:

Kierstin said...

What the heck-ever!!! When did you get a blog???? Jerk. thanks for telling me. jerk, jerk. E-mail me at kierstinlaws@hotmail.com and I'll send you an invite to mine so we can keep in touch via blog. jerk.