Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Disney World

As you can tell from my previous posts, we recently went to Disney World. Anyone that knows me knows that I am a huge Disney fan and will take any excuse to go anywhere Disney. Bob had a conference there, Uncle D, Aunt S, and cousin S live in Florida, Uncle D works for Disney World, we have never met cousin S before (he is 8 months old) where some of the reasons I used to get me there. We were going to go with no kids, or just G, but I begged and begged to bring all of the kids. There was a good deal on flights to Orlando, so I talked Bob in taking the whole family.We went to Disney Land two years ago, when the girls were G's age. During this trip we often wondered why we would take them so young. I am sure it was for me since I love going so much. The girls hated Disney Land and cried on almost everything. I think Small World was the only thing they did not cry on, and they also liked the parades. I hoped this trip would be better. G did really well and did not seem to mind the very loud rides as much as the girls did at Disney Land. Our house must me a lot louder than it was two years ago, so he is already used to the noise. The girls only got scared on some of the rides and seemed to really enjoy others. They say their favorite ride was Pooh Bear. They also liked the new ride Toy Story Mania, but since it is new the lines were always really long and we only went on it once.



The last night we went to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. They made it snow on Main Street, gave out cookies and hot chocolate, and had extra shows, fireworks and a parade. This was the only day Uncle D, Aunt S, and cousin S came with us. We had a lot of fun and were glad we were able to spend our last night with them. (We met them a couple of times through the week for dinner and stuff, but this was the first time with them in the parks.)














We had hopper passes, so we were able to see all four parks. I like all of the parks, but my favorite has to be Magic Kingdom; there just seems to be more magic there.
We went from park to park by bus, monorail, or boat. We grew to love the monorail and boats because we could take the whole stroller loaded with kids and bags right on. The buses we had unload everything and collapse the stroller. Most nights we had to come home on the buses. We we would have three sleeping kids and all of our gear to carry on the bus. Everyone would look at us and I am sure just thought what are these crazy parents doing. We also met many kind helpful people who very willing to help us with all of our things.

3 comments:

Melaina and Ben said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! I am jealous . .next time I will go and totally be a nanny for you!!! :) Love you guys!

Celeste said...

hey! I'm so glad you put a comment on my blog, I had forgotten that you had one! Yeah! it's so cute to see more pictures of your kids! we are going to Disneyland on January 7th, I totally need to talk to you about it, I haven't been since I was like 14, soooo.... yeah. I'm not really in the "know". Now I can blog-stalk you all the time!

Kierstin said...

I am so unbelievably jealous, you can't even believe it! We were supposed to take our family to Disneyland in November but cancelled the whole trip because of the stupid financial crisis. whatever. I was seriously depressed for about a week. Maybe someday when we're rich like you guys, we'll go :)