Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Multnomah Falls

This past week we tagged along with Bob on his business trip to Oregon. We drove to Oregon on Tuesday. On Wednesday, it was Bob's birthday, but he was in meetings all day long. I decided to take the kids to Multnomah falls. As we were driving there the sky was gray, but it looked like I was headed the right direction and that the storm would pass. We got to Multnomah falls and started our small hike. The kids all had hoodies and it was raining just a little. The water fall was really loud and the kids acted a little nervous and stayed pretty close to me. I decided to hike to the bridge, a .2 mile hike. They did pretty well on the hike until we got to the bridge. The water fall was very loud and it was pretty wet. So we made our way back. The rain started to pour and evened hailed a little. I could not carry all three, so I took G and told the girls to hurry as fast as they could. We were all soaked. As we got towards the bottom there were some stairs and I was worried the girls might slip, so I would carry one down a flight, then go get the other. I did this several times until we made it to the bottom. There were several other people at the falls that I am sure that thought I was crazy to bring three small children by myself in rainy weather.
We finally made it to the car. I took all of their wet clothes off and buckled them into their seats. As we started to head out I looked out my window and the sun was shining and it was beautiful weather. I was tempted to get back out, but the girls did not have on any pants or shoes.

This was just the beginning of our fun day. We went back to our hotel. The kids got pretty restless in our hotel room. It was a pretty stressful day. Anywhere I needed to go I had to take everyone with me along with our gear. I am sure it was quite a site watching me carry everything back and forth from our car to our room. We did make it back out to buy a cake and some balloons for Bob's Birthday. I wanted to keep the kids up until he got back to celebrate his birthday.

No comments: