Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Bob!

Since we were away on Bob's Birthday, I am a little late posting about him.
I always wonder how I got so lucky to have such a great husband. I know people often say this, but I truly mean it. I often wonder back when I was twenty and a little in la la land. Somehow I was smart enough to make the most important decision to marry Bob. At that time I did not realize how smart I was. I am continually amazed at what a great man, husband and father he is. He continues to give and I realizes more and more how blessed my kids and I are to have him.
I want to just share a couple of the things he does that makes him so great.

When our girls were first born, there was no way I could bathe and dress them myself, so somehow I talked Bob into bathing them, and then I would get them dressed. Well they are 4 1/2 and he is still the primary bath giver. I do occasionally bathe them, but they love it so much more when he gives the baths, and if you give them a choice, they will always choose him.

Bob also reads bedtime stories to our kids almost every night. They love this time with him. If it is too late to read them a story, he will tell them a story while they are in bed. I will have to admit that I do sometimes eavesdrop on these stories and I am always entertained.

When I am out with other women at bedtime I often hear them joke about how when they go home their kids will all be awake, not ready for bed, and the husband will say he did not know he was supposed to get them to bed. When I go home I almost always find the kids ready for bed, in bed and Bob will remind me that the kids are waiting for my hug and kiss goodnight.
There are many other stories I could tell, but I know my posts tend to get a little long, and I still have Father's Day coming.

I love you Bob and I hope you had a great Birthday. Thanks for all you do for our family.

1 comment:

Quinn said...

Happy Birthday Bob!