Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day/Discovery Gateway

I have been wanting to go to the Discovery Gateway for awhile, but it is pretty expensive. So, when I heard it was free, I decided I better go a check it out.
Because it was free day it was pretty crowded, but we were just patient and things seemed to be okay. I decided to let the kids play as long as they wanted to and were happy. We ended up staying for several hours. It is kind of funny the things the kids like to do the most seem to be the things that they have at home. Like playing kitchen, and with blocks and stuff. They did have some pretty cool things that I am trying to figure out how I can make something similar at home.

I always find it interesting how oblivious some parents can be in places like this. (I am sure I am the oblivious parent sometimes too.) Do some parents really have no clue that their kid is stealing every ones toy, or never taking turns. For instance G was building a tower with these cardboard blocks. Another kid kept coming and taking blocks off of G's tower and using it to build her own. Her mom was helping her build the tower and was like 2 feet from G. Are you kidding me? G kept getting frustrated. I guess this can be good because it makes me want to be a better parent and be aware of what is going on and teach my kids manners.

The kids seemed to have a good time and want to go back sometime. That is always a good sign that they want to go back.
I tried to make clovers in the girls hair. This picture was taken after all day at the museum, so it had taken a beating. Notice G posing on the side for me to take a picture of his hair too.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Holy Cow!!! Their hair looks amazing. You have way too much time on your hands. I can't even imagine doing that once let alone twice.