Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Washington

Bob's Grandma and family lives in Washington, so we try to go and visit when he has his conference in Oregon. This has a become kind of tradition and I hope we continue it.

Friday after Bob's conference, we drove from Portland to Olympia. The two hour drive is so nice compared to the 11 hour drive earlier.

We had a great time visiting with Grandma. She is always so cute with our kids, and my kids adore her. I get so worked up worrying that my kids will destroy her house, but she always helps me calm down and tells me that they are fine.
Unfortunately I did not get too many pictures with Grandma and the kids, but I did get this one of R showing Grandma how to work an Iphone.


Saturday we hung out with Bob's cousin and family at the mall. Then we headed to Seattle and walked around the Pike's Place and the boardwalk. Later we went out to eat and again celebrated Bob's Birthday with some more singing and dessert.









On Sunday we went to church. We love going to church here because they are always so kind and when we tell them we are just visiting they always try to talk us in to moving there and being in their ward. After church Bob's Aunts and Uncles and cousins came over to Grandma's for lunch. It is always so much fun to see everyone. I have always felt very comfortable with Bob's family and appreciate how welcoming they have been to me. I always enjoy spending time with them. Aunt Kristy and Uncle Darrel even brought my kids presents, which they loved.

We headed home on Monday morning, 12 long hours later we made it home. I had a good time, but it is always good to come home.

1 comment:

Quinn said...

It looks like you had a fantastic trip.