Saturday, March 20, 2010

Utah Symphony, The Magic Flute

We were able to attend to Utah Symphony again. They do a couple productions each year geared more towards children. This one we went to was the Magic Flute. Bob and I were talking about the story afterwards and were a little confused. I think they condensed the story so much for the kids that they must have left out a few crucial parts.
We went a little early for the Instrument Petting Zoo. They had instruments from each of the different families for the kids to try. They also had someone by each instrument to show you how to correctly play it. It was really fun and the kids enjoyed it. (Don't worry, they sanitized all of the instruments you play with your mouth in between each person.)
After they had the Magic Flute Characters come out for pictures. My kids thought the girls were princess, so they enjoyed taking pictures with them.

I thought the Symphony did a great job making this production for kids. It was just an hour long and the kids paid attention the whole time. I think these experience are good to help them become familiar with and enjoy the Symphony.

No comments: