Friday, February 26, 2010

Oregon

Bob had a conference in Oregon, so we decided to tag along. I know Bob really misses us when I has business trips, so we really came for him.

We woke up early Tuesday morning and set on our way. Driving with three small kids for 11 hours can be so fun, and we were not looking forward to it. The kids did great, at least a lot better than I expected. Maybe they are getting used to long car rides.
I knew I would have the kids all by myself for a couple of days, so I decided to take it easy. I did not want to wear myself out and then have to come back and try to entertain my tired, restless kids in a hotel room. So the first day we got up, ate breakfast and then headed for the pool. I let them stay as long as they wanted. I wanted them to be worn out so they would take a long nap. I guess it worked, because we went back to our room and they took at least a three hour nap, all three of them. It was nice for me because I had to just relax. There was no house to clean, and I could not really do anything, or else they would wake up.
The second day I decided to take them to Multnomah Falls again. This time I checked the weather and tried to go when we would have the best weather. I sprinkled some, but the kids were okay and just wore their hoodies.

Thursday was Bob's birthday so that night we went out to eat for him. We took along his friend from work, Jack. (I know Jack loves when we go on business trips with Bob so he can hang out with all of us. I know he misses his kids at home, so I bring ours so he can enjoy them.) We went to Macaroni Grill and they sang to him "Happy Birthday" in Italian.

We had a good time and I survived my week (really only 2 days) of kids by myself in the hotel.

I forget how brown it is in Utah until I go to Oregon and Washington and see how green it is there. It really is beautiful.

No comments: