Saturday, August 16th, was Bob's and my 8th anniversary. Time really does fly when you are having fun. Bob had a camp out with the scouts Friday night, so we could not really do anything until Saturday when he got home. We talked about going to Park City or something overnight, but we have a hard time committing to anything until last minute. Several Park City hotels were having some good deals because they were closing I-80, the freeway up to Park City. Saturday morning I booked a room for that night. We thought about leaving the girls home and just taking G, since I cannot really leave him overnight, but hate asking someone to watch our kids overnight. The hotel that we were staying at had a nice swimming pool, and we thought the girls would have a fun time swimming, so just decided to make our anniversary celebration a family vacation. My sister J wanted to go up to the Park City Outlets and go school shopping with her girls that weekend since her boys and M were hunting. So I ended up going with J and her girls shopping after Bob got home. Bob later brought up our girls and we all met them and went swimming at our hotel. The girls had fun swimming with their cousins.
It has taken the girls a long time to like swimming. Until just recently they would scream when we would get into any water besides the bath tub. I am glad that they finally enjoy it.

J and her girls went home and we just relaxed for the rest of the evening. Bob went and got dinner at Subway and Taco Maker. We just hung out and watched the Olympics. H and R still sleep in a crib, but this summer when we have gone on vacation they have slept in beds. We got a room with two queen beds, so H and R shared one and G had a crib. The girls did pretty good; H fell out once. It is nice that they can sleep in a bed, but at home it is nice to have cribs. Without cribs I do not think they would ever take naps. If they could get out by themselves they would never stop playing.
No comments:
Post a Comment